March 1998 to Present
President, LEIGH ENVIRONMENTAL, LLC., management of environmental consulting company. Responsible for project management and consulting on underground storage tank site closures, site characterizations, corrective action plans, remediation projects, hazardous and non-hazardous waste management, Phase I and II environmental assessments, DOT and EPA hazardous material training, and Missouri state registered geology. Also, responsible for sales and marketing, bid generation, and budgeting.
October 1993 to March 1998
Environmental Geoscientist for ENVIRONMENTAL WORKS, INC., responsible for project management and consulting on underground storage tank site closures, site characterizations, corrective action plans, and remediation projects, hazardous and non-hazardous waste management, Phase I and II environmental assessments and confined space projects. Also responsible for bid generation.
September 1992 to October 1993
Assistant Geoscientist for MCLAREN-HART, Field Supervisor for multi-million dollar CERCLA remediation project, Project team member for LUST investigations; Health and safety officer on various projects; Preparation of RD/RA documents; Implemented RD/RA activities including, monitoring well installation, remedial extraction well installation, monthly and quarterly water sample collection, data, logger monitoring system operation, and air stripper tower system operation; Short and long term budget preparation and Geophysical well log analysis.
June 1987 to September 1992
Owner of Dr. D’s Pest Control Company, Managing a staff of three and handling all sales and customer relations.
Prior to April 1987
Petroleum Geologist for Unit Drilling and Exploration, Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- Bachelor of Science in Geology, University of Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Minor in Environmental Biology August 1983
- Registered Professional Geologist (RG), State of Missouri Board of Geologists, Registration Number 0247
- Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) Master Level, Institute of Hazardous Materials Managers, Rockville, Maryland, CHMM Number: 6837
- Missouri Well Drillers & Pump Installers Non-Restricted Permit, #002742PM,
- Missouri Department of Natural Resources, Rolla, Missouri
- Hazardous Waste Operations (OSHA 40 hour cert.)
- Rotary International
- Founding Member and Treasurer Greater Ozarks Chapter of the Academy of Certified Hazardous Materials Managers
- Elks #409
- Abou Ben Adhem Shrine
- Member Missouri Petroleum Marketers Association
- Member, Institute of Hazardous Materials Managers
- Former Board Member, Greater Ozarks Building Systems Association (GOBSA)
- Member, Springfield Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Nixa Chamber of Commerce/Nixa Business Alliance