LELs experienced team of scientists, biologists, geologists, hydrogeologist and technicians provide solutions to contamination problems. We specialize on protecting human health and the environment with speed, efficiency and safety. LEL has years of experience designing and implementing environmental investigation and remediation plans.
Leigh Environmental quickly identifies the contamination source and creates a remediation plan to efficiently clean up environmental issues. We are known for being quick, efficient and safe, saving both time and money.
- Source removal and excavation
- Pump and Treat
- Product recovery and removal plans
- Soil Vapor Extraction
Our team uses many proven technologies to assist in conducting cost-effective site investigation, characterization and monitoring efforts. Several innovative practices for site characterization and cleanup have emerged over the years and this includes systematic project planning, dynamic work strategies and real-time measurement technologies. LEL site characterization techniques reduce cost, improves decision certainty and expedites site closure.
Site Characterization Services
- Agency negotiation
- Strategic project planning
- Dynamic work strategies
- Real-time measurement screening (Photoionization Detection)
- Subsurface Investigation/ Remote Sensing (electrical resistivity)
- Monitoring well installation and sampling
- Soil Sampling
- Vapor sampling
- Groundwater modeling and analysis
- Data management and reporting
EPA’s Brownfields Program is designed to empower states, communities, and other stakeholders in economic redevelopment to work together in a timely manner to prevent, assess, safely clean up, and sustainably reuse brownfields. A brownfield is a property, the expansion, redevelopment, or reuse of which may be complicated by the presence or potential presence of a hazardous substance, pollutant, or contaminant.
Completed Brownfields Projects
- Springfield, MO Brownfields with Underground Storage Tank Removal
- 2,206 tons of contaminated soil excavated
- 85,000 gallons of contaminated groundwater was removed
- Installation of extraction wells for groundwater remediation
- EPA All Appropriate Inquiry with UST Removal
- Phase I ESAs discovered three out-of-service USTs
- All USTs were removed in a timely manner and the site received UST Closure from MDNR